Social Awareness in Young Adults with Autism (Ages 17-40)
Researchers at the Center for BrainHealth are looking to assess the effectiveness of a virtual reality intervention in strengthening social cognition skills. The study also aims to determine the efficacy and feasibility of a range of self-reported and clinician-administered measures evaluating social cognition and behavior in young adults, ages 17 to 40.
Who is eligible?
- Ages 17-40
- Those diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders or Asperger's
What is involved?
- Complete social cognitive assessments that may include brain imaging
- Complete a five-week social training involving two one-hour sessions per week
- Travel to the Center for BrainHealth
- Those who participate will also receive feedback during training and after testing
For further information or to see if you qualify for our study, please contact Tandra Allen by email or by phone at 972.883.3229.