Researchers handle intern recruitment and placement individually. To inquire about internship opportunities, please contact the researcher with whom you are interested in studying or working. Preference for internship positions is given to UT Dallas students. Generally, paid internships are not available.
Links for information on individual research labs located at the Center for BrainHealth are below:
Community Relations/Public Relations 2016 Spring Internship
The community relations team at the Center for BrainHealth is seeking a Community Relations/Public Relations Intern for Spring 2016. The candidate must be a college or graduate student with exceptional communication skills, first-rate organizational talents, a professional demeanor, and an eagerness to play a large role in promoting the Center's leading-edge brain research.
- Work as an integral part of the Center for BrainHealth’s Community Relations team
- Help plan and execute major Center events and fundraisers
- Aide in design, writing, and editing of printed materials
- Assist Public Relations Director with media opportunities, website content and social media
- Serve as a liaison between the Center, its various Boards, and the community
- Currently undergraduate or graduate student
- Interest in communications, marketing/advertising, public relations, or event planning, as well as desire to advance the cause of brain health and gain firsthand insight into the workings of a research institute
- Strong writing skills, ability to communicate effectively, and attention to detail
- Positive attitude, professional demeanor, and dedication
Interested applicants may send a resume and cover letter to Julie Carter at email@example.com.
Past Interns On Their Experience at BrainHealth:
"Working as an intern at the Center for BrainHealth was an amazing opportunity that allowed me to learn the structure, voice, dynamics, and daily-life of an organization. I feel so lucky to have worked with such an encouraging staff that both guided and invited my creativity. Never have I felt so comfortable interacting with all employees, regardless of department or position, as I did at the Center. I always have had an interest in communications and working to benefit others, but this internship encompassed both of those more than I could have ever hoped!"
2015 ExxonMobil Community Summer Jobs Program Intern
"The Center [for BrainHealth] offers many distinct opportunities for interns. Through the course of the internship, I was able to strengthen my public relations skills, professional development, and leadership abilities. The Community Relations team was encouraging, valued my ideas, and worked as a unified team. I learned valuable ways to maintain donor relations and motivate others to support a worthy cause. When I went back to Baylor this fall, I was able to look at my courses from a new perspective and apply what I had learned. This experience was invaluable for me."
2012 ExxonMobil Community Summer Jobs Program Intern
"The team and everyone at the Center provided a great environment for growth. The experience I acquired from the breadth of the projects I worked on is something that I will carry with me to my chosen career, whatever that may be."
2011 ExxonMobil Community Summer Jobs Program Intern